This article is based on the PMD documentation article. See the original article on the PMD site: PMD: documentation best practices.
Below are the generally accepted best practices.
This rule validates that:
- ApexDoc comments are present for classes, methods, and properties that are public or global, excluding overrides and test classes (as well as the contents of test classes).
- ApexDoc comments should contain @description.
- ApexDoc comments on non-void, non-constructor methods should contain @return.
- ApexDoc comments on void or constructor methods should not contain @return.
- ApexDoc comments on methods with parameters should contain @param for each parameter, in the same order as the method signature.
Method overrides and tests are both exempted from having ApexDoc.
This rule is defined by the following Java class:
|cc_categories||Style||Code Climate Categories||yes. Delimiter is ‘|’.|
|cc_remediation_points_multiplier||1||Code Climate Remediation Points multiplier||no|
|cc_block_highlighting||false||Code Climate Block Highlighting||no|