What is a Connected App?
Quality Clouds authenticates with Salesforce by creating a Connected App and obtaining an OAuth token to access your org via the REST and Metadata APIs.
Connected Apps add additional levels of control, allowing administrators explicit control over who can use the application, and various security policies to be enforced by the application.
A Connected app is an application that can connect to salesforce.com over Identity and Data APIs.
Connected Apps use the standard Oauth 2.0 protocol to authenticate, provide Single Sign-On, and acquire access tokens for use with Salesforce APIs. Connected Apps are designed to replace Remote Apps, which are now obsolete.
Source: Defining Connected Apps
Creating a Connected App
→ To create a Connected App
- Use Salesforce to create a new connected app.
- In Lightning Experience, use the App Manager to create connected apps. From Setup, enter App in the Quick Find box, then select App Manager. Click New Connected App.
- In Salesforce Classic, from Setup, enter Apps in the Quick Find box, then select Apps (under ). Under Connected Apps, click New.
- Fill in the following information:
Attribute Value Connected App Name
+44 20 3290 0456
QualityClouds connection for REST API calls
- Select Enable OAuth Settings.
- Set the Callback URL to: https://scan.qualityclouds.com/sf_instance/code_callback.
- From Available OAuth Scopes, add Manage User Data via APIs (api), and Perform requests on you behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access). These settings allow Quality Clouds to access the logged-in user’s account using APIs, such as REST API and Bulk API. They also allow Quality Clouds to refresh the token if it has expired, up to the expiration date of the refresh token itself, which can be configured on the Connected App.
- Click Save and continue.
Consumer Key is created and displayed, and the
Consumer Secret is created (click the link to reveal it).
Consumer Key and the
Consumer Secret values to use it in the setup of your Salesforce environment in Quality Clouds.
You can now continue the set-up by defining your orgs in Quality Clouds.