Defining ServiceNow instances
Before performing these steps, make sure you have the following information:
- login credentials to the Admin Quality Clouds portal - https://portal.qualityclouds.com/
Setting up your instances
In order to be able to scan your instances, you need to point Quality Clouds to them.
→ To create an instance in Quality Clouds
- Login to the Quality Clouds Admin portal at https://portal.qualityclouds.com/.
- Go to Account > Instances section.
- Select the ServiceNow tab (if you use several SaaS with Quality Clouds).
- Click + (Add button).
- Fill in the following information:
URL - URL of the ServiceNow instance. If your ServiceNow instance uses SSO or any other external authentication method, make sure that the account you provide has local authentication in ServiceNow (does not need to be authenticated by external providers) and is able to use the REST API.
- Description -Short and meaningful description of the instance. For example: MyCompany UAT
- Username and Password - ServiceNow access credentials to the instance.
Do not persist credentials - Set this flag ON if you do not want to persist the credentials in the Quality Clouds environment. If you activate this option, a popup form will appear when launching a scan and you will have to provide the credentials manually. In this mode, all scans must be interactive (only manual scans allowed, no schedule can be completed).
Environment - Environment type of the instance. This is used to add descriptive context to your instance.
NoteServiceNow production (PROD) instances are subject to an extra check: Debugging properties enabled in production environments.
Go-live Date - Date on which the instance was first started, serves as a baseline for Org changes.
- Click Save.
You can now continue with the following steps: