Welcome to Quality Clouds!
As a user with administrative rights, you're about to help your company get started in setting up and using Quality Clouds.
Here is a quick checklist to make your task easier.
Some of these are tasks that the Quality Clouds is performing - these are included (grayed out) so that you have the full visibility of the process.
Step 1: Agree on license terms
The Quality Clouds sales team agrees on the license terms with you, and the support team provisions the license.
This includes the details on the duration of the license, the number of users, the number of scans available.
For partners, this includes also the number of credits available.
Step 2: Assign admin and portal users
Depending on your needs, you can define one or more admin users - who will have administrator rights (see more on the admin portal), as well as portal users - the ones that will be consuming the data and using the portal, as well as the notifications they will receive.
You can assign the users in your Account, check how to do that in Managing users.
Step 3: Connect your instances and orgs
Here you define which instances and orgs you want to connect to Quality Cloud.
Follow these instructions to set up your:
Confirm that the setup is done correctly by reviewing the connectivity check after setting up your instances and orgs.
Step 4: Set up integrations
Depending on your need and your license, you can set up the following apps and integrations:
For operational scans
- Make sure your license to includes the add-on
- Set up schedules for your operational scans by following the instructions in Scheduling scans.
- Set up your operational alerts - follow the instructions at Operational scans
Follow our doc instructions at Quality Clouds Jenkins Plugin.
- ServiceNow app setup: Quality Clouds ServiceNow Store application, and optionally the following integration:
- Live Check setup: Live Check for ServiceNow
You also need to perform the following steps:
- Request support to assign Live Check for your instance. The Quality Clouds support team enables the Live Check on your instance.
- (optionally) Assign API keys to your developers (see Administering API keys).
- Field Analysis app: Field Analysis for ServiceNow
- Live Check Quality for ServiceNow - Visual Studio Code extension
- Salesforce app setup: Quality Clouds for Salesforce AppExchange
- (if you're using Copado) Copado integration setup: Copado integration
- Live Check Quality for Salesforce - Visual Studio Code extension
Make sure you confirm that the integrations are functioning properly by testing their basic functionality before handing over to your end users.
Step 5: Review the baseline ruleset
If you've just set up your Quality Clouds environment, we recommend that you review the baseline ruleset which will be applied to your first scan. You can quickly review all the rules used by Quality Clouds, or check out the rules by specific SaaS configuration element of by impact area.
Follow our doc instructions: Reviewing rulesets.
Step 6: Run first scan and review results
You can now launch your first scans. Follow the instructions at Launching scans.
And once done, review your results in the following views:
Our support also monitors the first scan you run, which specifically for big instances may require more memory.
Step 7: Refine ruleset
You can customize your ruleset based on the actual scan results.
See more at Customizing rulesets.
Step 8: (optionally) Set up Quality Gates
Quality Gate is a mechanism for preventing any new technical debt from coming into the platform. It helps you in creating and implementing a strategy for dealing with technical debt in your platform. When you enable a quality gate on your instance, you create a baseline of issues to work from, and you define which new issues can be created while dealing with the debt.
Issues baseline is a snapshot of your platform quality issues taken after a recent full quality scan. It is the total number of issues - subdivided into corresponding numbers of issues by each impact area - and a point in time at which you want to start restricting any new issues coming into the platform.
Learn how to set it up in Quality Gates.
Step 9: Schedule regular scans
Once your first scan is done, you can set up your recurring scans.
See the instructions at Scheduling scans.
In this page