Code with quality by adding Live Check functionality to your Visual Studio Code. For every file you work on, you can check for and apply coding best practices.
What is Visual Studio Code?
Visual Studio Code is a free source-code editor made by Microsoft for Windows, Linux and macOS. It is used for building and debugging modern web and cloud applications.
Installing the Live Check extension
You can install the extension directly from your editor or by going to the Visual Studio Marketplace.
→ To install the extension
- Once in your editor or the Visual Studio Marketplace, search for Live Check Quality for ServiceNow.
- Click Install.
The extension is now installed and enabled in your editor.
You should now reload the editor.
Connecting your Live Check Quality extension
You need to provide a valid API key to connect the Quality Clouds ruleset against which your code will be checked.
To obtain an API key, contact your Quality Clouds admin. If you're an admin, check the Administering API keys article.
→ To configure your extension
- In the Visual Studio Code edito, go to Extensions > Enabled, and search for Live Check Quality for ServiceNow.
- Click Manage > Extension Settings.
- In the User > Extensions, paste in the Quality Clouds API Key obtained from support. The API key is saved automatically.
- Reload the editor to apply the settings.
You have now connected your Live Check extension.
You can now start checking your code in Visual Studio Code.