How to Install your ServiceNow AppDownload Quality Clouds for ServiceNow App from the ServiceNow App Store. On the header of the ServiceNow App Store page you can insert 'Quality Clouds' in the search box. Once correctly inserted, you can click "Request App". You should expect to receive the confirmation to download the app in the same day.
Configuring the Quality Clouds ServiceNow Application
Set up OAuth integration with Quality Clouds
Before you can use the application, you need to establish trust between your ServiceNow instance and the Quality Clouds API server. This is done by obtaining an OAuth token, which is a one-time operation. To do this, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the Quality Clouds application is selected in the Application Picker
- Enter the App Configuration Menu under Quality Clouds (See screenshot below).
- Click the Get OAuth Token button to obtain a valid token and enable integration with Quality Clouds.
- A login form will pop up requesting your Quality Clouds credentials (you may need to enable pop-ups on your browser), enter them and click OK.
- At this point, you should see the message "OAuth Refresh token is available and will expire at YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss". The application is now ready to use.
- When the token expires, simply repeat steps 1 to 4 to continue working with the Quality Clouds ServiceNow app.
You are now all set to use the Quality Clouds Services in your ServiceNow App.
Additional Configuration for the Live Check
If you have purchased the Live Check add on, you can further configure the application with the following options:
These checkboxes enforce the following behaviours:
- Restricted Access to QC Users: This will make the Live Check button visible only to users with the role . This role is installed with the application.
- Synchronous Live Check: This will change the behaviour of the Live Check from asynchronous (the default) to synchronous.
- Enforced Live Check Validation: This will make running the Live Check mandatory. In this case, the Live Check button disappears and the check is executed with the insert or update actions. The check also runs synchronously if this option is checked.