Quality Clouds for ServiceNow allows you to govern and monitor quality of your ServiceNow instances with the data generated by Quality Clouds' analysis engine.
With the app installed, you are also warned whenever you open an out-of-the-box element and are about to modify it, which can impact the overall instance upgradeability.
Installing your Quality Clouds ServiceNow app
→ To download the app
Go to ServiceNow Store Quality Clouds app, and click Get.
You should expect to receive the confirmation to download the app in the same day.
Configuring the Quality Clouds ServiceNow app
Set up OAuth integration with Quality Clouds
Before you can use the application, you need to establish trust between your ServiceNow instance and the Quality Clouds API server. This is done by obtaining an OAuth token, which is a one-time operation.
→ To obtain the OAuth token
Make sure that the Quality Clouds application is selected in the Application Picker.
Enter the App Configuration Menu under Quality Clouds (See screenshot below).
Click the Get OAuth Token button to obtain a valid token and enable integration with Quality Clouds. A login form will pop up requesting your Quality Clouds credentials (make sure you have enabled pop-ups on your browser).
Enter your credentials, and click OK.
Your token is created, and a confirmation message appears OAuth Refresh token is available and will expire at YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss.
When the token expires, simply repeat steps 1 to 4 to continue working with the Quality Clouds ServiceNow app.
You are now all set to use the Quality Clouds Services in your ServiceNow App.
Configure the management of issues
Setup how you want to manage the issues detected by a scan. You can create incidents, defects or stories from the issues. For defect and story creation you need to have ServiceNow® Agile Development application.
→ To configure issue management
- In the Issue Lifecycle, select the options you need to manage your issues:
- Allow Incident Creation - to be able to create incidents.
- Allow Defect Creation - to be able to create defects. See more in Opening defects from issues (working with Agile Development plugin).
- Allow Story Creation - to be able to create stories. See more in Creating stories from issues (working with Agile Development plugin).
- Click Update to save the configuration.
Configure the Live Check
Live Check is an add-on feature which allows developers to validate their code as they are writing it. See our solutions and pricing section to know more.
→ To configure Live Check
Select the options you want to apply for your Live Check:
Restricted Access to QC Users
This will make the Live Check button visible only to users with the role . This role is installed with the application.
Synchronous Live Check
This will change the behaviour of the Live Check from asynchronous (the default) to synchronous.
Enforced Live Check Validation
This will make running the Live Check mandatory. In this case, the Live Check button disappears and the check is executed with the insert or update actions. The check also runs synchronously if this option is checked.
Uninstalling the Quality Clouds ServiceNow app
If no longer needed, you can uninstall the Quality Clouds ServiceNow app.
→ To uninstall
- Follow ServiceNow instructions on how to Uninstall an application.
- Remove all the update sets by going to Local Update Sets, selecting each update set (configuration update set, Live Check update set, etc.), and clicking Back out.
- If you've connected your instance using a dedicated admin user, delete or lock out the user.