The write-off functionality allows you to skip certain issues on succeeding scans so that it does not show up in the scan in question, or in any later scan, and enables the issues to be identified and flagged individually.
Once an issue is marked as accepted, it will not appear in the dashboards, by default, although they can be shown by enabling a switch in the dashboard. This functionality helps to focus merely on the issues of importance to you, however, this selection can always be reviewed at a later stage. The Write Off Issues feature operate under Quality Clouds for ServiceNow software products. Quality Clouds for Salesforce currently doesn't implement the filtering.
List of ServiceNow dashboards with write-off functionality
- Data Privacy
- Catalog Overview
- Compare Issues between scans
Here are some key pointers about the dashboards.
- Dashboards which display detailed issues tables (App overview, Team, Catalog) include a new value: Number of Write-Offs (#WO) to indicate how many issues are hidden.
- Dashboards include a selector/check to show/hide the Write Off issues.
- Write Off issues will be hidden by default in all dashboards.
- KPIs will not be affected by WO issues.
UI includes a detailed list of the issues in the last scan. This table includes a 'Skip' checkbox that will flag the individual issue as written-off. The issues write-off form will have the following navigation filters that will apply in real-time to the displayed issues:
- Impact area
- Issue type
The issue list has a search edit which can be used to filter through any of the columns in the table. Only the last profiling (non-profiling only works for ServiceNow), can be used to display the issues write-off form. Some controls in the write-off form will show/hide depending on the platform of the scan. For example, application filter and columns will not be available for Salesforce scans.
Writing issues off
→ To write off an issue
- In the Quality Clouds portal, go to the History section.
- Select the scan you want to review issues for, and click the Show issues and warnings icon. The list of issues is displayed.
- Choose the row which displayes the issue you want to remove, and click the Write off button.
The issue has now been written off.